Monday, March 21, 2005

location location location

I found out last night, while playing this trivia game, that “location, location, location” was a quote from Mr. William Dillard – of Dillard Stores – standard mall anchor and usually good sale shoe selection. Another random fact for the warehouse, but I’m glad I know it.

Today while I was driving through the valley, I saw a bird carrying a medium sized stick in his beak through the air. He was probably on his way over to his little pregnant bird wife. Then, on the way back through the valley, I saw another bird, this time on the tip of Peninsula and Hudson, also carrying a stick. Same reasons I would imagine. And of course the Blue herons are back. Their land is protected close to the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath. There are hundreds of them poking their bowling pin heads out of their nests that stay pretty well put during the rest of the year.

It might be because of the question from last night, or maybe just because Spring always makes me feel like a little pregnant bird, but I couldn’t help but envy their nest location. Peninsula, Hudson. In people property we’re into the millions, if you can even find real estate on land that isn’t protected (not that I’m pro-development) – only that when you find a place in the valley, you’re not quick to give it up.

So I congratulate them, I guess. And they deserve a small kindness these days. They came back from Florida, expecting a few sunny days, and all that Northeastern Ohio has show them is morning after morning of cold winds and cloudy skies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home