Tuesday, May 10, 2005

the time has come, the walrus said

I know that my posts of late have left much to be desired, but I blame this on the end of spring semester blues. Blues, not for classes ending, but of all of the finalizing that has to be done in order for the class to officially end. One thing I specifically loathe is writing a self-reflective essay. This task is perhaps helpful for someone that practices little to no self-reflection on a daily basis, however for others it just seems like another exercise in a long line of self-brutalizations. But as of this moment, 1:17pm EST, I have finished my work for the semester, finished the self-reflections, finished my chapbook, and am ready to go to my class reading. Perhaps tomorrow I will be in better spirits when I wake up with summer.

Last week a train went through the Cuyahoga Valley and so I snapped this picture.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I’m not sure why but the man that is cutting the grass outside keeps going past my window. The grass can’t be that long, can it? It’s not like he’s out there with pruning scissors, he’s got one of those gigantic John Deere-esque grass mutilators and just keeps mowing and mowing. He might be OC.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will this be your first novel? I see great talent in your writing, good luck with it and please post when you have published.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home