Monday, May 07, 2007

i forgot jane kenyon

I feel like a jerk-a-holic for forgetting Jane. I wonder how many times that I’ll think that, now that the list of 13 is up. How many poets I’ll feel guilty for forgetting. Jane is the first that comes to mind. I did make my list somewhat in “particular” order, so guilt is only the natural byproduct of forgetfulness.

This weekend was the graduation reading. I have felt really overwhelmed and more than melancholy since. All of the NEOMFA friends were there, which was so amazing. I probably only know 15 of the students in the NEOMFA, and I would say all 15 were there. I was so nervous during my reading, but looking up occasionally and seeing their faces and eyebrows and eyes was really special.

In addition, my heroes were all there. Mary, Maggie, Craig. Anyway I don’t know when I will, if ever, report on it but here, but the truth is that it was such a wonderful way to end the MFA.

And the Deans sprung for J. Lohr. A May miracle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home