Tuesday, July 05, 2005

tuesday and punctual as a star


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today I came home late from running, having got a later start than usual. It was a really awful run actually, no breeze, the air heavy as sand on my skin. I came inside and sat to record my mileage from last week and start this week with a reminder to myself to never start after 6:30. In my runners journal, at the bottom of the page, there is a warning: �Beware: a run in hot weather can raise your body temperature almost two degrees every five minutes.� Is this really possible? I ran for 45 minutes and let�s just assume my normal body temperature is 99 degrees. That would mean that at the end of my run, my temperature would be 115 degrees. While it�s true I did see a few white stars in my sight line toward the end of my run, I don�t think I was quite peaking at 115 degrees. But I could be wrong.

Saturday Nin and I went to my parent�s house for a little cookout. We had a really fun time. The highlight? My mom bought Winston and Coco matching flag bandanas - appropriate since they are both red state dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home