Tuesday, June 05, 2007

vow

Last weekend I was home to go to my Aunt's wedding. It was okay. As fun as a dry wedding can be on a hot day with a full Catholic mass. I did get to do one of the readings from Genesis, though, which despite the irony of me actually delivering the reading, was actually a pretty fun thing to do. It made me miss teaching.

Instead of using my grant money to write and not worry about getting a job this summer--all I can do is worry about not having a job for the fall. And last week I watched a marathon on MSNBC of this prison documentary series called "lockdown" for approximately 10 hours. All I know is that I started it after I got back from my run in the early morning, and when it was finished, the sun was going down. And now I'm having dreams that I'm in a prison cell with what seems to be my baby (to whom I also gave birth in prison) and I can't get us out, despite my many lavish escape plans. I think that the baby is my book. But I haven't figured out what the prison is yet.

I forget where I came across this, but it makes me laugh:


Maybe for the rest of the summer, instead of worrying, I'll try to figure out how to do this on a treadmill. Now I just need some band mates as cool as OK Go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mona Bozick said...

Hi Jessica, good to hear from you. How's life in GA? Same old same old in OH. Just have to tell you that I am so glad that you posted the OK GO video. In WA where I am now it's only 9:30 am and watching that made my morning! Thanks!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home