Friday, August 17, 2007

Flying Kamikaze Maki


Well the first day of classes has come and gone and I'm still here to write about it. I probably won't that much though. I was telling Kelly how pleasantly shocked I was to discovery how polite everyone was. I was getting ma'am-ed all over the place, and it was really nice, actually. Though any attention that I pay to it just singles me out even more as a yank.

I always feel more nervous going into composition classes. Much more than creative writing, in fact, because I know that no one wants to be there. I didn't want to be there when I was at IU. But I'm going to try my best to make it fun for everyone. And hopefully the ma'ams will keep rolling in.

Tonight we're going to go out downtown I think, maybe soak up a little bit of the Athens madness. I have to admit that I much prefer college towns in the summer, when I don't have to wait for my maki at Ru Sans or for a Kellerbier at Copper Creek.

Oh, and this is about as close as I'll ever come to getting married. Other than the middle name, it looks like I've done pretty well for myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger mydisguises said...

hey, congrats on the sudden wedding. and enjoy that degree from yale.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home