Thursday, August 02, 2007

made for each other


Today, Sarah participated in what I feel to be a true rite in the modern world: she bought her first macbook. It's tax free weekend in Georgia, so she got a great deal on top of the education discount. The setup takes about 5 minutes so we had most of the afternoon and evening to play around. Well, really, I spent the time answering the questions...yes, it really is that easy, yes, it really is that cool. Her first desktop widget is called starry starry night, which shows you your night sky and what constellations you're looking at. Now I want another one.

Actually, it's been a good day of news all around. I got hired by a company in D.C that does online educational stuff, curriculum, writing, tutoring etc... and I can work from here so I'm pretty happy right now. Not teaching, but it will keep me sane for a little bit.

5 Comments:

Blogger mydisguises said...

hi, jess. back in town later today. congratulations on the job. let me know how it works out--am keeping an eye out for work from home. will be back in touch re: poems soon. xo

6:08 AM  
Blogger marybid said...

Hey, congrats on the gig! I'll put aside my anti-mac tendencies to send Sarah some happy new computer wishes too. ;)

12:30 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

hehe. thanks!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Nin Andrews said...

Wow, congratulations! And a 5 minute setup--I'm in next time around . . .

7:09 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

Five minute set up is a dream. And no trial aol software. ah, happiness :)

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home