Wednesday, July 25, 2007

cover up those tattoos, young lady


I've been in pre-pre-pre-production for getting another tattoo. I've wanted two things for about a year. 1. A blue heron. and 2. the white buffalo woman. I've scoured images (my own and others) for both but the perfect thing is always hard to find. Then again, it's a good thing to be particular when putting something permanent on the body.

I have sentimental connections to both and think that the heron will be green-lighted first. I've found a good artist down here, finally, and now the only thing I'm waiting on is my job situation. Most of you know that I already have something all along the inside of my right forearm. My good, success-oriented , Catholic girl sensibilities already know the perils of sleeve tattoos. But isn't that the real reason that JCrew makes the long-sleeve burnt umber pinstriped business interview shirts.

Then again, I'm not sure if it will matter for my interview at the piercing pagoda. It might be a requirement there.

4 Comments:

Blogger marybid said...

Your tat is even more of a challenge to cover than mine! Yours is also more highbrow and less bikerish, however, which is always a good thing.

I love the heron idea! I'm thinking about getting a tat of my kids--I've been watching too many episodes of Miami Ink--or a black cat. Or five cats and a beagle.

PS--That mix cd you made me is key in my current treadmill + weight lifting regime. Thanks again.

11:05 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

two kids, five cats, and a beagle. and everyone should have some kind of bling on :) i LOVE miami ink, and i think that Kat Von D is getting her own show--LA ink--soon.

11:44 AM  
Blogger mydisguises said...

i want another tattoo as well and am trying to talk steve into inking a doodle for me to get tattoo-ed. my crescent moon on the ankle is so old by now, it just looks like a grumpy smudge. let me know what you decide.

5:45 AM  
Blogger marybid said...

Steve's doodling! I've seen a lot of that during long, boring meetings we've endured.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home