Sunday, July 29, 2007

i'll never leave you again, school


Have you ever had one of those mornings where you wake up, scuffle to the kitchen, and then stand there, paralyzed with daze, debating, for what seems like hours, between grinding espresso beans or eating some of the stale popcorn left over from the at-home movie night before?

Anyway I eventually pulled myself together and went out to look for jobs. Next week I will know for sure whether the Dean at UGA has approved money for new hires and I can work. But I’m not anticipating that. And I know I always joke about working at the piercing pagoda in the mall, but there is a very high likihood that I will be doing that come next weekend. Well maybe not THAT specifically, but I may be holding the STOP/SLOW sign at construction sites.

At least Tegan and Sara’s new CD came out this week. Will be a high point for awhile, I think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Oh, Jessica! Don't do this to me! If you can't find a job, what am I going to do come December? I will lose all faith in the world if I see you on the highway in an orange vest. : )

2:27 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

Oh, I'm sure you'll be able to find a job. It's weird here b/c not even the temp agencies have work right now. But really, it's been a good lesson for me b/c I really think that if you want to teach in college the PhD is important, along with publications. But maybe I'll start writing a series of poems based on my donut flipping experience at Krispy Kreme :)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home