Friday, June 22, 2007

long post making up for june slack


New shoes. Nothing says I’m tough better than blue skulls surrounded by red, yellow, and green hearts.

Back in Georgia from Ohio where I was working to get the Wick website finished so that it can go live soon. I will post a link to that when they do go live. The Wick authors page, which took me about an additional 25 hours than I originally planned, has some good links to journals, prizes, publishers, etc…

I am very glad to be back. I’m a pretty nervous flier and the thought of being ground bound for at least a few months is very comforting indeed. Yesterday the entire 18th row of Airtran flight 205 was entirely hysterical. The two people next to me were holding each other’s hands so tight that I don’t think they’ll ever get the blood back to their knuckles. And across the row from me there were two very logical-looking 40-somethings that just completely panicked when we were at cruising altitude. Every little acceleration was accompanied by them jerking their heads up from their NYTimes suduko and scanning around frantically to see who else was alarmed. Not even my old standby US Weekly-stocked with new photographs of Shiloh Jolie-Pitt and Jessica Simpson’s lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks without going into Kidney failure-kept me calm. Obviously we landed safe enough. More than enough to feel glad to be back.

Two very cool "you ride the bike and we'll film the video in one take" music videos. The first is Bat for Lashes, and very creepy. The second is Rumble Strips and pretty damn cute.



4 Comments:

Blogger mydisguises said...

hi, jessica. found you while wandering around blogger. i just started a blog, but don't know if i'll keep it. wanted to find a spot for some photos of mine. hope all is well in athens. feel free to send me poems, if you want some unasked for advice. take care. kelly "love letter" bancroft

2:06 PM  
Blogger mydisguises said...

i'm so excited to get somebody from blogger world to comment on my page. oh, boy. i hope you are well and a new series sounds exciting. with my typical ADD issues, i am bouncing from one thing to another, but right now i'm enjoying a new drink--tequilla, diet ginger ale, and a twist of lime. don't know what it's called, but maybe i can call it the "Dust Bowl"!

yes, send poems. and i'd be happy to email you not using these comments, but i don't know how! i'm a real rookie here.

6:03 PM  
Blogger mydisguises said...

hi again. i like the shoes. i have a pair with a kind of drippy skull and a dragon, but yours say "love" way better. love/death shoes! go hearts! triumph over skulls!

12:36 PM  
Blogger mydisguises said...

hi again. i like the shoes. i have a pair with a kind of drippy skull and a dragon, but yours say "love" way better. love/death shoes! go hearts! triumph over skulls!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home